Jobs at The City
For over 30 years, ACS Technologies has faithfully served the church, creating software to help churches manage their ministry with less stress and more accuracy. We’re now the leader in the industry, with well over 50,000 clients around the world. But we’ve got more work to do, and we know we need the right talent on board to help with our mission of serving churches with tomorrow’s technology. We’re looking for a UX designer to help craft our next generation of products into more than just capable tools, but into capable tools that help church staff and leadership do complex, high-level tasks with delightful simplicity. After all, technology exists to serve people, not the other way around.
The UX Designer is responsible for creating, optimizing, and maintaining excellent user experiences by working closely with members of our business, marketing, and development teams to conceptualize, design, and prototype ideas. The UX designer then guides those ideas through the development process to ensure quality, usability, cohesion, and user delight. ACST is eager to find a UX Designer with idealism, passion, and grit to join our Research & Development team. We are looking for someone that can either work at our headquarters in Florence, SC, or our office in downtown Seattle, WA. We offer employees a competitive salary and robust benefits plan. Our benefits include among others, Medical and Dental plans, generous paid time off, a 401K program, and Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability plans.
What you'll do:
- Work with users to define their needs and translate them into requirements, objectives, and strategies.
- Develop and improve features of our software balancing user needs, technical constraints, and business objectives to solve user problems effectively.
- Develop and maintain mockups, usage scenarios, prototypes, specifications, navigation maps, and other design documents.
- Advocate for the end-user throughout the development process and work closely with other members of the UX team to craft a world-class user experience.
- Strong problem-solving ability through creative approaches to complex problems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A solid portfolio of work showing skills in interaction design, user interface design, and design process.
- A thorough understanding of development frameworks with at least intermediate ability in HTML/CSS/JS.
- High-grade skills in standard tools: Illustrator, Photoshop, Fireworks, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in design or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience in UX or related disciplines
To apply, please send your resume with qualifications to email@example.com.