Jobs at The City
Senior Back-End Developer
For over 30 years, ACS Technologies has faithfully served the church, creating software to help churches manage their ministry with less stress and more accuracy. We’re now the leader in the industry, with well over 50,000 clients around the world. But we’ve got more work to do, and we need the right talent on board to help with our mission of serving churches with tomorrow’s technology. We’re looking for a Senior Software Developer to help craft our next generation of products into more than just capable tools, but into capable tools that help church staff and leadership do complex, high-level tasks with delightful simplicity. After all, technology exists to serve people, not the other way around.
The Senior Software Developer is responsible for building and optimizing the back-end services for of our products and collaborating with the UX and the product development team to create a user interface that plays well with the back-end. The Senior Software Developer will also make significant contributions to the development and maintenance of coding practices that play well within an Agile development environment.
ACST is eager to find a Senior Software Developer with idealism, passion, and grit to join our Research & Development team at our office in downtown Seattle, WA. We offer employees a competitive salary and robust benefits plan. Our benefits include, among others, Medical and Dental plans, generous paid time off, a 401K program, and Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability plans.
What you'll do:
- Drive innovation for our products and technical processes.
- Perform and review system analysis, design, programming, testing, debugging, and documentation for projects.
- Liaise with Support, technical writers, and documentation groups to provide technical and user training manuals for new systems and enhancements.
- Develop specification, program and documentation standards.
- Maintain functional operation of assigned production systems.
- Key contributor on projects. We want your unique ideas!
- Engage with other developers and participate in dev scrums and planning.
What we're looking for:
- Strong problem-solving ability through creative approaches to complex problems.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and presentation skills.
- 5+ years web-based software development, primarily back-end development, working in at least one standard MVC framework (e.g. Zend Framework, Rails, CakePHP, Spring).
- 2+ years Ruby on Rails experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and databases - MySQL preferred.
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and in a team.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies.
To apply, please send your resume with qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.